The CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC is an affordable pre-built PC that offers a ton of functions. From VR games to daily tasks, it seems quite versatile right? So let’s dabble into it and see what we can expect from this prebuilt PC gaming desktop.
Aesthetics and shipping
What we instantly noticed about this gaming PC is that it has a hard strong case, yet it’s built handsomely. The strong build to the chassis did not undermine the aesthetics of the exterior. It has an aluminum case and one side has a tempered glass panel. It is further accented with RGB light so that you can see the interiors of this PC.
The PC lights will turn on as you plug in the PC. And we find the lights show quite impressive. So if you are an RGB kind of dude, you’ll be excited about this feature. You may also choose from an array of preset color setup using a remote. So aesthetic wise, it’s a two thumbs up for us.
As for the shipping, everything came in neatly and tightly packed. So this gaming PC came in one single piece, with no scratches, so we have no complaints on this part. So far so good with the packaging and the shipping.
We also have to mention that it comes with a mouse and a keyboard. Both the mouse and the keyboard do function well. But they don’t have many impressive specs compared to the chassis of the PC. We wished it had something going on for it so it’ll be more cohesive with the handsome chassis. On second thought as long as it still does the job, then we’re all good. But if you’re looking for a more cohesive setup, you might not want to use the keyboard and the mouse.
The mouse glows inside and features 4 buttons on the side and 2 dpi buttons on the top. And you can program the buttons too. So there’s a nice touch there for the basic looking mouse.
Now let’s dabble in how our gaming experience was. This will help you further decide if this gaming PC is indeed for you. With all the VR gaming hype on the internet, we need to focus on all the aspects of the gaming PC, not just on the VR gaming function.
We noticed that it can play several high demand modern games without any issues, even at the highest fps. We were able to play Rust 120 fps and League at 20 fps. So far so good.
As for the processor, this gaming PC makes use of an Intel Core i5-9400F. Though this isn’t in the same tiering as the more popular Ryszne processor, it does not disappoint either. The Intel Core i5-9400F has a very affordable price but can perform well beyond expectations of it. It has better game support and no latencies compared to processors of the same price range.
For the graphics, it uses a GTX 1660 Ti graphics card and it appeals most to those who do not need newer features such as real-time racing and DLSS. And this makes up for the affordable price tag of this entire prebuilt gaming PC.
This gaming PC is not just for play, it’s also ideal for work. The Gamer’s Core i5 processor allows for intensive and heavy productivity tasks. It’s an updated version of the Intel Core i5-8400. Thus, it can accommodate heavy workloads. You can also use it for moderate photo editing. That’s why this PC desktop is quite suitable for use in small businesses too.
It can handle several open app connections without a hiccup. So you can use this gaming PC for multitasking, it won’t disappoint. It had high-end components specs that can make it amenable to handle demanding work.
This PC is sort of made for multitasking. You can open up to 30 multiple tabs and it will still seamlessly run.
CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR has sufficient ports where you can easily connect your external devices and peripherals. It has two USB A 3.0 ports, a power button, and a headphone jack. While at the back, you can find the ethernet jack, 6 USB ports, audio and headphone jacks, video output ports, and two legacy PS/2 ports.
So that’s a lot of ports for connections, for sure you’ll not run out. The downside is, it doesn’t have a port for USB C. So this is one thing to consider if you have your eyes set on this prebuilt PC gaming desktop.
- The RAM storage that comes with seems lacking. you know how fast memory can get consumed when you’re gaming. So you’ll be needing to buy additional storage. Though the 1 TB hard disk and 8GB memory is considered as a significant amount of space for browsing and multitasking, it could be lacking if you’re going to play high demand games, or use the PC both for work and play.
- There isn’t any clear distinction as to what type of motherboard was used for this PC gaming desktop. So we are assuming it’s mostly the same as the competition.
- It lacks ports for USB C.
- You will be able to play an array of modern demanding games, but this PC rig will not be able to run PUBG and Red Dead Redemption 2. The PC lacks requirements for playing these games.
Can you really play VR games with this PC?
Yes, this PC gaming desktop is VR ready and you can play VR games. However, it will not be able to support all VR titles. And we did expect this limitation since it costs a ton cheaper.
Summary of the CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC
- You can play modern games such as Assassins Creed: Odyssey at 1080 p with impressive rates. This gaming PC can deliver an impressive frame rate for a lot of games when compared to its competition.
- With the graphics card offering basic features, this affordable pc gaming desktop will appeal to most gamers who do not need any advanced features.
- This gaming PC can also be used for work. It allows for seamless multitasking too.
- It’s easy to use. It’s more of a plug and play kind of gaming desktop. So, everyone, even beginners will not have a challenging time fiddling through the system.
- It’s an ideal entry gaming PC. With its cost and easy to use components.
- When compared to building your own PC rig, buying a prebuilt CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme seems to cost cheaper.
- The cable management of this gaming PC is clean and there was a lot of space in the chassis. Thus, you’ll be able to make upgrades quite easily. And your gaming setup will look nice and clean.
- The fans are relatively quiet. It makes a little noise that’s hardly noticeable at all.
- The case and the exterior of this gaming PC is one of the first things that you’d notice with this PC. It’s a handsome piece of equipment.
- The drives and the 8GB ram are easily upgradeable. So anytime you want a more elaborate setup, this PC will indulge you.
- Even if this PC is suitable for daily tasks, photo editing, and hefty computer work, if this is your sole purpose of choosing this PC, it’s not worth it. This will be best for those who are into gaming but at the same time need a versatile PC that they can also use for work. You’d be able to find cheaper units that are suitable for basic work functions and browsing.
- The interior of the chassis can get pretty hot when the PC is running at its peak performance. That’s why we advise a PC upgrade if you intend to use your PC at its maximum. On the other hand, if you aren’t using the PC to its peak performance, you don’t need to worry about the chassis getting too hot.
- This PC desktop is also not for those gamers who play games with serious 4K resolutions. You will spend a lot of time hovering through the settings to render the system amenable to playing 4k games. And if you will be able to play games at 4k resolution, it won’t be at its best quality. You might be able to play old versions of games. But the system will not be amenable to modern games in 4k resolution. So you’ll just be wasting your time trying.